About Me

My photo
I am a former middle and high school science teacher pursuing a doctorate in Science Ed. at George Mason University, with a concentration in cognitive science and the evolution of cognition and learning. Postings on this blog represent my own views, not those of my employer or school. All writing displayed on this page is original work unless otherwise noted, and thus copyrighted.

01 March 2009

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz?

For a first post, ever, I'm going to take the ever so easy potshot at fundamentalist twit Christians. I have a student who, being completely serious, made praying part of her plan for an egg-drop contest. "Mr V. , I prayed for my egg and it survived, so prayer works." Nevermind that she also swathed said egg in foam rubber and attached a freakin' parachute to it. I wonder if she'd have attributed the egg not surviving to her sky daddy as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment