About Me

My photo
I am a former middle and high school science teacher pursuing a doctorate in Science Ed. at George Mason University, with a concentration in cognitive science and the evolution of cognition and learning. Postings on this blog represent my own views, not those of my employer or school. All writing displayed on this page is original work unless otherwise noted, and thus copyrighted.

11 July 2010

This douchenozzle works at a public university?

http://townhall.com/columnists/MikeAdams/2010/07/01/an_immodest_proposal/page/full

Mike S. Adams is a professor (passed over for tenure) at UNCW, my alma mater. He's also an ultra right-wing Dominionist bigot:

I can’t stand atheists. And I plan to do something about them. Thankfully, the U.S. Supreme Court has given me a powerful tool to use in my war against the godless. Earlier this week, the Court ruled that a public university may require all student organizations to admit any student as a voting member or officer. The decision applies even to a student who is openly hostile to the group's fundamental beliefs.
So, when I get back to the secular university in August, I plan to round up the students I know who are most hostile to atheism. Then I’m going to get them to help me find atheist-haters willing to join atheist student groups across the South. I plan to use my young fundamentalist Christian warriors to undermine the mission of every group that disagrees with me on the existence of God.


Gee Mike, really? That's too bad, I can't stand foul, overbearing Fascists who wrap themselves in a flag and drape their neck with a cross... I plan to email the provost and chancellor demanding that you be fired, organise a number of people to do the same, and get anyone I can to refuse to donate to UNCW until you're no longer employed there.



That means an invading group can turn a smaller, weaker group into second class citizens on campus. That’s what I intend to do to those groups who do not believe in God.

Well, at least you've set an attainable goal. In fact, that's already been managed through most of our country, and certainly in NC, where you can't hold public office without professing belief in a god.
The Court acknowledges that such “accept all comers” policies may not in fact be desirable for maintaining robust debate on public college campuses. I concur. And I like it that way. I do not seek robust debate. I seek power over the godless heathen dissident.
Ah... a clear admission of a dominionist agenda. Thanks, Mike.
While there are enough patches of Glen Beck like humour in that article that Adams may be able to wriggle out by crying "satire", the university would be doing its students a favour by dismissing this tool. One last thing, Mike: we're not impressed with your "prof of the year" award... quality faculty aren't determined by popularity contests, but rather by their contributions to academic journals. Try posting your CV on your page rather than your NRA membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment